andretomasi

Need help with Enda/GMT PLCs

Önerilen İletiler

Hi everybody,

I´m an architect here in Brazil working with a construction company developing light gauge steel buildings. We have 8 machines that have been without support from manufacturer for more than a decade, since the company shut down. They ran on Enda ELC-286R / 386R PLCs with EXM-88R extensions, but we only have one of those still working to this day so we need to solve this situation with some urgency.

I have the original programming files from EndaSoft, and we are trying to replace them with GMT´s PLCs but I´ve been struggling with the programming.

We acquired a GLC-396R and a GXM-88RA by suggestion from one of GMT´s sales representatives as being the more compatible option, but we can´t get it to communicate with GMTSoft, it seems as it has the firmware for using with GMTSuite. 

I would like to hire someone to help us do this replacement, writing the programming to this GMT PLC for testing at the industry and for replacing the PLCs from all the other machines, we can allow you a remote connection to work on the PLCs. There´s also some issues and improvements to the programming and to the software that runs on a PC connected to the PLC that I would like to discuss with someone experienced in working with these PLCs.

We really need to fix this ASAP, so if someone is available to help, please don´t hesitate to get in touch.

My contact info:

André Tomasi | +5547992299429

WhatsApp | Telegram | andre@toma.si

Yorum bağlantısı
Sitelerde Paylaş

Hi, if the PLC of GLC396R has firmware of GMTSuite, unfortunately you cannot program PLC with GMTSoft and you cannot converter PLC to run with GMTSoft.  The solution is to get new PLC with GMTSoft based or send your PLC to our company to convert PLC to work with GMTSoft
The other solution is to write new program with GMTSuite according to your application. But I think this is not easy to make it with remote connection and need time to finish it. So if you have original program with GMTSoft , it is easy and quick way to use it with GMTSoft PLC

Yorum bağlantısı
Sitelerde Paylaş

Hanifi, 23 saat önce yazdı:

Olá, se o CP do GLC396R possui firmware do GMTSuite, infelizmente não é possível programar o CP com GMTSoft e nem converter o CP para rodar com o GMTSoft. A solução é obter um novo PLC com base em GMTSoft ou enviar seu PLC para nossa empresa para converter o PLC para trabalhar com GMTSoft.
A outra solução é escrever um novo programa com GMTSuite de acordo com sua aplicação. Mas acho que não é fácil fazer isso com conexão remota e preciso de tempo para finalizá-lo. Portanto, se você possui um programa original com GMTSoft, é uma maneira fácil e rápida de usá-lo com GMTSoft PLC

Hi Hanifi,

We will acquire one or two PLCs and ask for them to be shipped with the firmware for GMTSoft, so we can use the original Enda programming and test these two on the machines.

However I would also like to hire someone to rewrite the GMTSoft code to GMTSuite, so we wouldn´t be depending on the firmware in the future since we will need to buy more PLCs for the other machines and to get rid of EndaSoft/GMTSoft.

There´s also an issue where the old Enda PLCs just stop working after some time, as if the software running on the machine´s PC doesn´t "authorize" it anymore; reprogramming the PLCs sometimes makes them start working again, sometimes they just don´t work anymore; I couldn´t figure out if it´s something in the programming or some hardware error (but it happened randomly on all the old PLCs) and we need to understand this to make sure it won´t happen too on the GMT PLCs in the future. The PLC connects to the computer, gets recognized but the commands to activate the hydraulics on the machine stops working.

Would you be able to do it? 

Thank you in advance

Yorum bağlantısı
Sitelerde Paylaş

Just acquired a couple GMT 286s and 396s with GMTsoft firmware, as soon as I receive them here in Brazil we will test them on some of the machines with the Enda programming.

Assuming that it works as promised, this would fix things for a while, allowing us to use the machines with these PLCs and giving us time to think about the rewriting of the code to work with GMTsuite. I received a couple emails from people interested in this task, was it anyone of you fellow forum members?

Wish you all a nice week!

André

Yorum bağlantısı
Sitelerde Paylaş